The 4K Live Switcher is easy to use in a variety of applications, such as event staging, broadcast at stations and OB vans, lectures at universities, conference halls and so on, demonstrating incredible performance in live video production on the field.
The 12G-SDI compatible 4K Live Switcher AV-UHS500 has nearly all the basic functions of a high-end large models and is capable of 4K video production with the same operability as HD. Its integrated body is incredibly portable, making it ideal for music, sports, entertainment and other live events. In addition to 4K/3G/HD multi format support, installing additional optional units enables expansion to up to 16 SDI inputs to enable smooth operation at events with many cameras.
Keyers enable a variety of program performance, so the unit has been equipped with five, including a 2ch of chroma-key and 2ch of PinP. The switcher is also equipped with an up/down conversion function, HDR/SDR conversion function and ITU-R BT.2020/BT.709 conversion function.
These enable the flexibility to select video output as needed in environments where there are a variety of formats being used. The 4K Live Switcher is easy to use in a variety of applications, such as event staging, broadcast at stations and OB vans, lectures at universities, conference halls and so on, demonstrating incredible performance in live video production on the field.
- 4K/3G/HD multi format compatible.
- 12G-SDI/3G-SDI/HDMI multi interface compatible.
- Compact, integrated body equipped with two optional unit slots.
- Inputs: Standard SDI: 8ch/16ch max1 , standard HDMI: 2ch* 2/8ch max1.
- Outputs: Standard SDI: 5ch/13ch max1 , standard HDMI 2ch* 3/8ch max1.
- 5 keyers with 2ch of Chroma-key and 2ch of PinP. •Supports up/down conversion function, HDR/SDR conversion function and ITU-R BT.2020/BT.709 conversion function.
- 4 AUX BUS channels, AUX 1 and 2 with a mix transition function, and DSK 1 and 2 are assignable.
- A remote camera controller function for control of up to 161 Panasonic 4K/HD Integrated Cameras.
4K Mode / HD Mode
|HD Mode||4k mode|
|SDI Input||3G-SDI x 8ch2 (16ch max with additional SDI input unit)||12G-SDI x 8ch2 (16ch max with additional SDI input unit)|
|HDMI input||22 (8ch max with additional HDMI input unit)||22 (8ch max with additional HDMI input unit)|
|Frame synchronizer||All inputs||All inputs|
|SDI output||3G-SDI x 5ch (13ch max with additional SDI output unit)||12G-SDI x 5ch (13ch max with additional SDI output unit)|
|HDMI output||23 (8ch max with additional HDMI input unit)||23 (8ch max with additional HDMI input unit)|
|BKGD transition||MIX/WIPE/DVE||MIX/WIPE (4K DVE Unit is required for DVE transition)|
|Keyer||5 (ME x 3, DSK x 2)||5 (ME x 3, DSK x 2)|
|KEY transition||MIX/WIPE/DVE||MIX/WIPE (4K DVE Unit is required for DVE transition)|
|PinP||Included in Keyer||Included in Keyer|
|Multi-viewer (HD output only)||2||2|
|3840 x 2160||59.94p, 50p, 29.97p, 25p, 24p, 23.98p|
|1080||59.94p, 50p. 29.97Psf, 25Psf, 24Psf, 23.98Psf, 59.94i, 50i|
- Expandable to a variety of functions needed for applications using optional units
- SDI Input Unit AV-UHS5M1G 3G or 12G-SDI x 4 inputs, frame synchronizer, U/C, color correction, SDR/HDR conversion, ITU-R BT.709/BT.2020 conversion compatible
- SDI Output Unit AV-UHS5M2G 3G or 12G-SDI x 4 outputs, D/C, HDR/SDR conversion, ITU-R BT.2020/BT.709 conversion compatible
- HDMI Input Unit AV-UHS5M3G HDMI 2.0 x 3 inputs, scalar for each channel
- HDMI Output Unit AV-UHS5M4G HDMI 2.0 x 3 outputs, scaler for each channel
- 4K DVE Unit AV-UHS5M5G DVE function in 4K mode (BKGD x 1, Keyer x 1)
1: With optional unit installed.
2: SDI input reduced by the number of HDMI input channels used. HDMI input does not support CPRM (input not possible).
3: HDMI output format is video only, the same as the system format
Click an icon to find out more about the technology used
There are currently no key services available.
There are currently no other services available.
|Power Supply||AC 100 V to 240 V, 50 Hz/60 Hz|
|Current Consumption||1.5 A|
|Ambient Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Ambient Operating Humidity||10% to 90% (no condensation)|
|Storage Temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Storage Humidity||10% to 90% (no condensation)|
|Weight||Approx. 7 kg ( Approx.15.4 lb)|
|Dimensions (W×H×D)||440 mm x 170 mm x 360 mm (17-5/16 inches x 6-11/16 inches x 14-3/16 inches) (excluding protrusions)|
|Signal Formats||2160/59.94p, 50p, 29.97p*1, 25p*1, 24p*1, 23.98p*1, 1080/59.94p, 50p, 29.97PsF, 25PsF, 24PsF, 23.98PsF, 59.94i, 50i, 720/59.94p, 50p|
|Signal Processing||R: G: B 4: 4: 4 8 bit / 4: 2: 2 10 bit (Only for HDMI) Y: CB: CR 4: 2: 2 10 bit|
|REF Terminal||In Genlock mode: Black burst or Tri-level Sync input signals (with loop-through) • Loop-through output is performed in external sync mode. • If loop-through output is not going to be used, provide a 75 Ω termination. • Connectors : BNC x 2 • Same field frequencies as those of the system formats supported. • With the 24.00p format, Black Burst input signal is not supported. • With the 1080/23.98PsF format, black burst with 10 Field ID (SMPTE318M standard met) or Trilevel Sync signals supported. • BB signals are output from two connectors in the internal sync mode.|
|Video Delay Time||1 line (H): When the frame synchronizer setting is [Off] and neither the up-converter nor the down-converter is operating 1 frame (F): When the frame synchronizer setting is [On] and the up-converter and down-converter are operating • When the signals have passed through PinP, DVE, multi view, down-converter or HDMI IN, a maximum delay of 1 frame is applied in each case|
|LAN Terminal||Compatible with 1000BASE-TX and AUTO-MDIX (For IP control) • Connecting cable: LAN cable (CAT5E), max. 100 m (328 ft), STP (Shielded Twisted Pair) cable recommended • Connectors : RJ-45|
|Tally/GPI||INPUT: 8 inputs general-purpose, photocoupler sensing OUTPUT: 19 outputs; selected from R/G tally, general-purpose ALARM: 1 output, open collector output (negative logic)|
|Footnote||*1: Support is planned with a firmware update in spring 2020.|